In last year’s post about square photos I touched upon the process of making prints directly from an Instagram (or Facebook) account through the Photolab. This year, now that I’ve actually started using Instagram more frequently, I actually went through the process myself to see firsthand how easy it actually is.
Once you’ve logged in to your Photolab account, follow these simple steps:
- From the Photolab homepage, click Get Started
- When you see the page titled “Where are your photos from?” click the Instagram icon and log in to your IG account
- Follow the prompt to authorize London Drugs to access your Instagram Account, which will load your IG photos.
- Then, simply select your IG photos for printing just like you would from any of your other Photolab albums!
- With your photos selected, proceed to the Product Catalogue and select ‘prints’ and choose your size(s). Square prints are available in a variety of sizes from 4×4” to as large as 12×12”.
- Proceed to checkout from there and complete the process in the usual way.
The print quality is absolutely outstanding, and the built-in Instagram filters I chose for my images reproduced amazingly well. I chose a pearl finish with borders that gave the images a very nostalgic/retro feel, reminding me of the film prints I used to pore through as a kid. If you’re too young to remember when such prints were the standard, you’ll still love arranging them into collages — on a refrigerator, a corkboard or even affixed to a wall. Printing your Instagram photos will give your photos a vivaciousness that a display screen simply can’t match. At a mere 39¢ per print, try it for yourself and see.